Info about EuroMillions
- Accepted in India: Yes
- Maximum Jackpot: Rs 1510 crore
- Ticket cost: Rs. 280 approximately
- Agents available in India: 25+
EuroMillions is a very popular worldwide online lottery. Get 7 correct numbers and you have a chance to win up to ₹1510 crore! Take a chance and change your life!
Guide to playing EuroMillions lottery
EuroMillions is an online lottery created through cooperation between the UK, Spain, and France. Over the years this international lottery started accepting more and more players of different nationalities including Indian players.
In this EuroMillions review, you can find out everything you need to know to be able to play. I will tell how the jackpot works, how you can buy tickets at the best EuroMillions websites and I also included an extensive FAQ to make sure you leave with no doubts at all.
If you want to navigate this review with ease just use the table of contents located just below.
The Best EuroMillions Lottery 2019
What is the EuroMillions lotto?
This worldwide lottery was created in 2004 and the very first draw was made 13 February the same year. Initially, lottery commissions from France, Spain, and the UK controlled this lottery but later commissions from Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, and Switzerland joined as well.
Even though it is only European countries controlling this lottery it is still considered worldwide due to the act that they accept players of all nationalities.
The game is made up of 5 numbers plus two lucky star numbers. Your five numbers can be chosen between 1 and 50 and the lucky star numbers from 1 to 12. To win the jackpot you will need to match all your five numbers and your lucky star numbers with the ones drawn.
Draws take place at 20:45 in Paris on Tuesdays and Fridays (Wednesdays and Saturdays 00:15 IST).
This is the biggest lottery in Europe and if you compare it to the biggest one in India there are several interesting differences. The most interesting one, in my opinion, is the jackpot amount. EuroMillions guaranteed minimum jackpot is Rs. 120 crore whereas the Playwin minimum jackpot is Rs. 2 crores, that’s a 118 crore difference! Prizes won at Playwin have to be claimed within 90 days whereas if you play EuroMillions online you will get your winnings instantly credited to your account.
As I mentioned the minimum jackpot is Rs. 120 crore but it can become a lot bigger. The lottery jackpot rolls over every time it is now won getting bigger and bigger. But how big is the biggest then? The biggest EuroMillions jackpot to date is €190 000 000 (Rs. 1510 crore) that was won in 2012. This is the largest the jackpot can become and was won two more times, once in 2014 and another in 2017.
When the jackpot reaches $190 000 000 the following rollovers will be given to the prize tiers below creating bigger prizes for the lower tiers as well! I am a big fan of this mechanic because it gives more players a chance to win big even though they don’t win the jackpot. If you like being able to win big prizes other than a lottery jackpot I recommend you to check out El Gordo as well!
The payout always comes in a lump sum whether it is the EuroMillions jackpot or a smaller prize. Below you can see a complete chart of the payouts with information on the probability of winning, how much of the prize fund goes to each prize tier and expected earnings.
|Probability of winning (a)||% of prize fund||Expected winnings|
|2||0||1 in 22||4.57%||18.25%||€4||₹317|
|2||1||1 in 49||2.03%||14.85%||€8||₹633|
|1||2||1 in 188||0.53%||4.95%||€10||₹792|
|3||0||1 in 314||0.32%||3.50%||€12||₹950|
|3||1||1 in 706||0.14%||1.85%||€14||₹1108|
|2||2||1 in 985||0.10%||1.75%||€19||₹1504|
|4||0||1 in 13,811||0.0072%||0.38%||€58||₹4592|
|3||2||1 in 14,125||0.0071%||0.67%||€104||₹8234|
|4||1||1 in 31,075||0.0032%||0.48%||€164||₹12 984|
|4||2||1 in 621,503||0.00016%||0.45%||€3,076||₹243 535|
|5||0||1 in 3,107,515||0.000032%||0.92%||€31,448||₹25 lakh|
|5||1||1 in 6,991,908||0.000014%||3.95%||€303,798||₹240 lakh|
|5||2||1 in 139,838,160||0.00000072%||43.2% or 27% (X)||Jackpot|
Minimum Rs. 120 crore
Can I buy a EuroMillions ticket in India?
To be able to play EuroMillions from India all you need is an internet connection. You will need to use an online lotto agent reseller to be able to get tickets in India. When choosing a lottery website there are a few things you need to think about. The most important thing is that it is to safe to play at. For your convenience, I have reviewed over 50 different lottery agents that are 100% safe to play at and accept Indian players. Feel free to check out any of my lottery reviews.
Other things you might want to look for when it comes to an online lottery reseller are what makes them unique. Also what you need and want from your lotto agent. We are all different and prefer different things so there is not just one best lotto agent. Some things you can think about when choosing your lottery website are:
- Promotions – Do they have promotions or offers that you like?
- Casino – Do you like slot machines and table games as well? A good decision for you might be an online casino that sells lottery tickets.
- Mobile – Do you mostly play on your cell phone? Check what I have written about the lottery websites’ mobile compatibility.
- Payment options – Check what payment providers the lottery website have available so you make sure that they have one you like and can use.
- Other online lotteries – Most lotto lovers, I myself am one, tend to like to play more than just EuroMillions. If you are like me, check what other lotteries are available for you to play on each site.
- Customer support – Some people have more questions than others. If you know you might have a lot of questions then look for a lottery website with 24/7 customer support available.
So think about what you want from a lottery site, read my trusted reviews and then visit your preferred website, sign up for an account and start to play!
How do I play EuroMillions online?
The first thing you need to do is choose what site you want to play at. Once you have chosen one of my trusted lottery websites that accept Indian players you will need to make an account to be able to play.
With your new account, you are now ready to play. I made a step by step list below to make it easier for you to understand how to play.
- Choose what numbers you want to play. You need to choose five main numbers ranging from 1 to 50 and 2 Lucky Star numbers ranging from 1 to 12.
- Decide how much you want to play. You can choose to play one draw, several draws or a subscription. My recommendation is to try and play and see if you like EuroMillions. If you like it and want to play more, the best way to go is a subscription. That way you never have to worry about forgetting to buy your numbers and potentially miss a jackpot!
- Wait for the draw and do whatever you need to do to increase your luck. I always put on my lucky necklace that I only wear for lottery draws.
- Check your numbers against the draw and hope you have won the jackpot or at least some prize!
- Withdraw your prize money or keep playing. Once you have won your money will be credited to your account and you can choose if you want to use it to keep playing or withdraw and treat yourself!
It’s that easy to play!
How much does a EuroMillions ticket cost?
A EuroMillions ticket costs €3.50 (₹280) per line.
What is the biggest EuroMillions Jackpot?
The biggest jackpot that can be won and has been won is €190 million (₹1510 crore)
What are my chances of winning?
You have a 1 in 13 chance of winning a prize and a 1 in 139,838,160 to win the jackpot.
Are there any numbers better than the others?
All numbers have exactly the same odds of being drawn so the best numbers to play EuroMillions with are the ones you feel lucky with.
When is the EuroMillions draw?
20:45 CET on Tuesdays and Fridays (Wednesdays and Saturdays 00:15 IST).
What are the rules?
As long as you are over 18 and have a valid proof of identity and address you are free to play EuroMillions
How can I be sure I will receive my price?
EuroMillions is a joint lottery between several different national lottery commissions. Together they have created the EuroMillions Trust which is a pot with money that covers all jackpots and more in case of errors. Once you have won the trusted lottery websites will credit your winnings to your account.
Which website is the best to play EuroMillions?