Info about New York Lotto
- Accepted in India: Yes
- Maximum Jackpot: $58 000 000 ≈ Rs. 409 crore
- Ticket cost: 2 plays for Rs. 70
- Agents available in India: 25+
From New York, comes one of the US biggest international lotteries. Use one of our recommended online lottery websites to buy a ticket and win today!
Guide to playing New York Lotto
The New York lotto gives you a chance to play one the US most popular lotteries. Thanks to the increasing number of New York Lotto websites you can now play the New York Lotto all the way from India. Are you ready to become one of hundreds of millionaires this lotto has created?
In this review I will tell you all about the this fantastic US based international lottery. I will start with what you can expect of this lottery. After that I will tell you all about the jackpot, how to buy tickets in India and how to play the New York Lotto from India. Finally I will end this review with an extensive FAQ that I am sure will eliminate all your last doubts!
What is the New York Lotto?
The New York Lotto is commissioned by the New York Lottery. You may have heard of Powerball Lotto or Mega Millions, they are also commissioned by the New York Lottery so it has good company. This lotto started in 1967 and was meant for residents in New York City. Its popularity grew quickly and they allowed players from all of the US to play and later it became an international lottery accepting players worldwide!
I think it is great that they dropped the geographical restrictions. Here in India there are many lotteries that still are restricted to certain areas. For example you have to be a citizen of Sikkim, Aranchula Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal or Goa to play Playwin Lottery.
Personally I really like the New York Lottos slogan which is “You never know..”. It allows you to dream of all the things you could do with the huge jackpot because in the end it’s true, you never know if you might be the lucky jackpot winner!
The New York Lotto is a 6/59 game so you need to choose 6 numbers between 1 and 59 for your ticket. Draws are made every Wednesday and Saturdays at 11 pm ET (Thursday and Sunday 8:30 am IST).
The jackpot is what we are of course all hoping to win and the New York Lotto jackpot is great to say the least! First of all if win the jackpot you are guaranteed at least 2 million US dollars. Originally it was 3 million US dollars but due to a decrease in players they had to lower it. Lately this international lottery has seen an increase in players so who knows, the minimum New York lotto jackpot might become $3 million again!
The odds of you getting “only” $2 million are very low though because of the rollover jackpot system this lottery has. Every draw without a jackpot winner $300 000 are added to the next jackpot. After a while you will see some really impressive numbers. The New York Lotto biggest jackpot is more than $65 million!
Just imagine all the things you could do with $58 million! Everytime I think of the sheer size of this jackpot I can become nervous because it’s so much money.
Another great thing about the New York Lotto is the fact that you are able to choose how you want your payout, you can either choose to receive it a lump sum or a payout scheme that lasts 26 years. The second option has a quite interesting feature, you get interest which means you will receive more than the actual jackpot.
Which one you should choose depends completely on how good you think you are with money. If you are a good investor it is better to take it as a lump sum and you can make your own investments to make your money grow. If you have no interest or knowledge whatsoever in investments I would recommend you to choose the payout scheme since it can be considered as an investment since you get interest.
But the New York Lotto jackpot is not the only thing you can win! There are five prize tiers in total.
|6||Jackpot: 75% of prize pool||1 in 22,528,737|
|5 + Bonus||2nd Prize: 7.25% of prize pool||1 in 3,754,790|
|5||3rd Prize: 5.50% of prize pool||1 in 72,208|
|4||4th Prize: 6.25% of prize pool||1 in 1,090|
|3||5th Prize: 6% of prize pool||1 in 48|
So as you can see there are plenty opportunities to win!
Can I buy a New York Lotto tickets in India?
Since the New York Lotto is an international lottery you can buy tickets in India. All you need to find a suitable lotto agent reseller that suits your needs. To help you with this I have reviewed over 50 trusted worldwide lottery websites that accept Indian players right here at onlinelotteries.in.
So first of all you need to select a lotto agent. When choosing a lotto agent you need to know you want. Different lottery agents have different appeals and niches. To give you an idea what you might want when looking at my trusted reviews I will list some of the things you can be on the lookout for!
- Bonuses – If you are a bonus lover you need to make sure the lotto agent has a bonus available!
- Casino games – Lotteries are fun but sometimes you might want to play something else. There are several online casinos that offer lotto tickets, table games, slot machines, progressive jackpots and more.
- Sportsbook – Same as with the online casinos, several sportsbooks also offer lotto tickets. If you for example both want to bet on a cricket match and play lotto a lotto agent with a sportsbook will probably suit you!
- Mobile compatibility – Nowadays you can do everything on your mobile including playing international lotteries. If you prefer using your phone you should be on the lookout for lotto agents with good mobile browser lotto sites. Some even have apps!
- Customer support – Some people worry and wonder more than others. If you think you might have a lot of questions then it is a good idea to look for a lotto agent with a 24/7 customer support.
So think about what you want, read my trusted reviews, sign up at a lottery site and start playing!
How do I play New York Lotto online?
So let’s say you found your preferred lottery website, you signed up and you are ready to play. What are some things you need to think about?
To be able to buy tickets at all you need to have a means of purchasing them. By that I mean you need to look at the lottery website and see what payment providers they have that suit you. Once you have fixed a payment provider you are ready!
I will share with you my step by step manual on how I play the New York Lotto!
- Think about what numbers you want. We all know that there are certain numbers that feel better to play with. Choose the combination you are most certain you will the jackpot with!
- Choose how you want to play, just a few draws or maybe a subscription. I myself usually alternate between lotteries with a subscription. Once I missed a big win because I forgot to buy the numbers I always buy. Since then I have used a subscription and never looked back.
- Pray for luck and wait for the draw.
- Match your six numbers with the ones drawn and win the jackpot! This step is the hardest but also the most exciting! Regardless if you win or lose I think the thrill and the high hopes I get make playing lotteries worth it.
So there you have it! All the necessary steps to play the New York Lotto!
How much does a New York Lotto ticket cost?
2 plays cost $1
What is the biggest New York Lotto Jackpot?
The biggest jackpot is more than $65 million!
What are my chances of winning?
Your chances of winning are as follows:
- Jackpot – 1 in 22,528,737
- 2nd Prize – 1 in 3,754,790
- 3rd Prize – 1 in 72,208
- 4th Prize – 1 in 1,090
- 5th Prize – 1 in 48
Are there any numbers better than the others?
There are what is known as hot and cold numbers. Hot numbers have occurred frequently in the draws and cold numbers not so often. Every number has exactly the same odds of being drawn but of course it can feel better to select a hot number than a cold one. In the end you decide which numbers are the best depending on what feeling they give you!
When is the New York Lotto draw?
Wednesday and Saturdays at 11 pm ET (Thursday and Sunday 8:30 am IST).
What are the rules?
The rules are that you need to be at least 18. You also need to be able to provide a valid proof of identity and address.
How can I be sure I will receive my price?
The New York Lotto is handled by the New York Lottery which is a state organisation of New York. Since its start in 1967 it has not failed to pay out a prize by their own fault. The New York Lottery is also certified by the World Lottery Association which examines lotteries all over the world and hands out certificates to legitimate lotteries.