Info about Powerball
- Accepted in India: Yes
- Maximum Jackpot: 11 229 crores
- Ticket cost: 300 INR/row
- Agents available in India 53
Powerball, the lottery with the absolute biggest lottery jackpot available! Current world record holder of the biggest jackpot, in 2016 three players shared a jackpot of more than Rs. 11229 crores! Test your luck now with Powerball lottery!
Guide to playing Powerball lottery
The Powerball lottery is quite possibly the most famous lottery in the world. This American lottery has changed the lives of millions and has the largest jackpot in the history of lotteries. Even though it originally is an American lottery, several Powerball websites have appeared making it accessible worldwide.
Since the Powerball lottery accepts Indian players I decided to make a review on how to play Powerball from India! In this review, you can learn about the jackpot, payouts and how to buy tickets in India. Lastly, I will end this lottery review with an FAQ that I am sure will answer any last doubts you may have.
Best Powerball Lottery 2019
What is the Powerball lotto?
The Powerball lottery started already in 1988 but under the name of Lotta America. In 1992 both the game format and the name were changed and Powerball was born. The first draw took place on April 19th the same year.
This was the first game to adapt the now popular two drum concept where you take numbers from two different containers. Since then several other lotteries have used the same system such as EuroMillions, EuroJackpot, and MegaMillions. The Powerball lottery can be compared to the Kerala State Lotteries. Just like other Indian states took after the Kerala way of creating lotteries, international lotteries took after the Powerball Lottery.
The Powerball game consists of 5 main numbers between 1 and 69 and one Powerball number between 1 and 26. This system is what allows such huge jackpots! You are free to choose your numbers but you can also be given numbers that are completely random if you want. Unlike many other lotteries, the order in which the main numbers are drawn does not matter since all numbers will be ordered based on their value from low to high.
Draws are made every Wednesday and Saturday at 22:59 ET (Thursdays and Sundays 08:29 IST).
Now the biggest Powerball jackpot also happens to be the world’s largest lottery jackpot as well. On the 13th of January 2016, three winners got to share an incredible $1.586 billion! That is more than Rs. 11229 crore! Imagine winning that amount of money, the possibilities are endless!
The minimum jackpot is not nearly as large as the biggest won ever but it is still amazing. The Powerball jackpot always starts at $40 million and has a rollover of $10 million each time the jackpot is not won. There is no limit on how large the jackpot can become. With its growing popularity worldwide it is only a matter of time until the record is broken and the Powerball jackpot is even bigger!
If you are lucky enough to win the jackpot you have two options. Get the whole jackpot in one lump sum or get it paid out over 30 years. You would receive one payment annually. The downside of taking it all in one lump sum is that the jackpot is counted if it were paid in a 30-year plan. This means that if you take it as a cash lump sum a portion of the jackpot will be deducted.
For example, there was a famous jackpot win on the 23rd of March in 2019 where a 24-year-old won a jackpot of $768.4 million. After deciding to go with the lump sum option he received $477 million in cash.
Can I buy Powerball tickets in India?
There are several ways to buy Powerball tickets from India or rather several websites. To be able to play you have to go to a Powerball agent that accepts Indian players and make an account. When choosing a lottery website there are several options and you need to make sure you choose one that will give you what you want and need.
To make it easier for you to find a safe place to play I have reviewed over 50 trusted lottery websites right here at onlinelotteries.in! When you look through my lotto website reviews there are several things you can think about to find the best fit for you. Some examples are:
- Promotions – Some lotto sites have promotions and lottery bonuses to entice you to start playing, look for one you find attractive.
- Casino – Other than lotteries I really like to play slot machines. If you are like me than an online casino that sells lottery tickets might suit you.
- Mobile compatibility – In this day and age, you can play almost anything on your mobile including lotteries. Choose a lottery agent with a good mobile site if you prefer playing on your cell phone.
- Payment options – Look for a lottery website that has a payment provider you are comfortable with.
- Lotteries – I am somewhat of a lottery nut and of course I haven’t only tried my luck at Powerball. If you are interested in trying other lotteries make sure that the Powerball website you choose also sells other lottery tickets.
- Customer support – We are all different when it comes to how we want to get a hold of information. I myself, for example, prefer an FAQ where I am able to find most answers on my own. Others want to be able to ask questions to a customer support agent at all times. Make sure that the lotto site you choose has the customer support you want.
These are just some of the examples of things you might want to think about. So consider what you want, read my trusted lottery reviews, choose a website, get an account and start playing!
How do I play Powerball online?
The first step is choosing a lottery website but now you know how to do that. So let’s say you have chosen a lotto agent and made an account there, what’s next?
Well, there are several steps and to make it easier to follow I have made a step by step list!
- With your new account, you are ready to play Powerball! The first step is to choose your numbers. Remember 5 main numbers and 1 Powerball number. You can also choose a randomized number.
- Now you need to choose how much you want to play, one draw, several draws or maybe a subscription. I would recommend subscription if you know you like the lottery. Once I missed a big win when I week after week bought the same numbers but I forgot one week. Which numbers do you think won that week? Mine of course, with a subscription that would have never happened.
- Wait for your draw and put on or do whatever gives you luck!
- Win the jackpot! This step is the hardest of course but someone has to win, right?
So it is as easy as that! If by chance you don’t win all you need to do is consider if you want to play again and repeat the steps. Maybe even try a new lotto agent!