Guide to playing Sikkim State Lottery
It is no secret that playing the Sikkim State Lottery is one of the favourite pastimes of citizens of the state. And how could it not be, when lottery draws are available every single day in Sikkim?
But, while some Indian state lotteries focus on providing lotto players with daily draws which deliver decent top prizes, others organize Bumper draws which deliver really life-changing rewards.
The Sikkim lottery falls in the category of those that provide players with both. You get the Dear Morning daily draws, as well as excellent Bumper draws held several times throughout the year.
You can learn more about them by visiting Sikkim websites that offer information on the draws, or you can, as always, go through my rigorous review to learn the essential things about the lottery.
What is the Sikkim lottery?
The first Lottery Scheme in Sikkim was introduced in 1978, by the Government of the State. It went through some changes in terms of the ticket price, agents and sales, but it was always and still is run by the Government.
In fact, the changes in schemes still persist, and the Sikkim government timely announces them with short notice.
And while the Dear Morning daily draws are allowed by law, the Bumper draws are restricted to a maximum of 6 per year.
For instance, in 2019, the Diwali Puja, Shri Holi, Baisakhi, Saraswati and Sankranti Bumper draws took place. The Dear New Year Bumper 2020 was the first one scheduled for the next year.
But the daily draws take place at 11:55 am every day. The top prize in these draws goes anywhere from 25.25 lakhs to 50 lakhs. The Bumper draws, though, can deliver anywhere from 1 to 5 crore!
The jackpot prize for the Shri Holi Bumper, which takes place in March, is 1 crore. The one for the Saraswati Bumper, which is held in February, is 1.25 crore.
The Baisakhi Bumper that takes place in April gives a top prize of 1.50 crore. The Sankranti Bumper, held in January, gives a jackpot prize of 2 crores.
The Diwali Bumper is the most rewarding one of all. The draw is held in November, and the luckiest 1st place winner takes home 5 crore prize! That’s the highest Sikkim lottery jackpot you can win!
To check if you have all you need to do is visit the Sikkim lottery website. You can find the latest Sikkim State lottery result on the front page.
Should you win a Sikkim State lottery jackpot prize on any of these draws or a prize that’s above Rs 10,000, you would need to claim it from the Sikkim Directorate of State Lotteries.
You are advised to fill in your name, address and signature on the back of your ticket so that in case you lose it, the ownership can be determined. This prevents someone from claiming your prize instead of you.
When you go to the Director of State Lotteries to claim your prize, you need to bring the winning ticket, as well as documents that would verify your identity and win. Claiming your win is often very time consuming since you need to go to the Director and provide all the right documentation.
Can I buy Sikkim lottery tickets in India?
Contrary to top international lotteries accepting Indian players, where you can buy a ticket for a lottery draw online, to buy tickets for the Sikkim State lottery, you would need to find an authorised lottery retailer.
The tickets for the Sikkim lotteries are available in many places across the country, so if you want to buy some, you would need to go out and find the nearest retailer. Keep in mind that Indian state lotteries have a problem with fake tickets!
You want to play online? Well, then you will need to play international lotteries! Worldwide lottos do not only have bigger jackpots but you can also play from wherever you want. You can buy tickets in a matter of seconds and claim your wins hassle-free.
I have listed more than 50 websites that sell tickets worldwide. These are legit online lottery websites that offer international lotteries to players from all around the world, including India.
To ensure that you get all you need, I have made sure to vet these websites myself and provide you with only the best ones for you to join. All you need to do is create an account and start buying lotto tickets!
However, you should know that different sites offer different perks. Depending on the things you’re interested in, you have sites that offer:
- Great Promotions – Starting your lotto experience with freebies would be a great boost. Find a site from my list that offers the best Welcome Bonus and join it!
- A Huge Choice of Lotto Games – Most, if not all, of the websites on my list offer over 10 or 20 international lottery games. Make sure you choose the right one to get the best choices!
- A Massive Selection of Side Games – Lotto websites like Unibet and Mulitlotto offer a wide range of side games you could try, including sports betting, casino, Live Casino, slot games, bingo, video poker and many other cool games for when you want to take a break from lotto.
- A Variety of Payment Methods – All of the online lottery sites listed at onlinelotteries.in offer world-class payment methods, credit cards, eWallets, bank transfers and other online payment means to provide you with a seamless experience, and some even allow payments with Indian rupees.
- Friendly & Professional Customer Support – An expert, trained Customer Support team is always at your disposal in all of the sites listed, to attend to your needs and questions as promptly as possible.
- Mobile Compatibility – The lotto websites listed at onlinelotteries.in are optimized for mobile use and are available on any mobile device, so you can take your lotto gaming on the go.
Found one you like yet? If not, no rush. Read my trusted online lotto reviews and once you find one you like you are ready to start your lottery adventure on the internet!
How do I play Sikkim lottery online?
Sadly, as you know, this is not possible. But fear not you also learned that there are plenty of great alternatives online. You can try out any of the international lottos featured here.
Want huge jackpots? Take a look at Powerball with the world record in jackpot size!
More interested in better odds of winning? Check out SuperEnaLotto!
You love bumpers? Read my El Gordo review! The international bumper that is played once a year and has the worlds largest lottery pot!
As you can see, you can still enjoy plenty of lottery games online from India.