How to play lottery responsible
Online lotteries can be one of those most fun things you can do. The excitement waiting for a draw to see if you will win a life-changing jackpot can be quite intense.
For some this entertainment can get out of hand resulting in gambling addiction.
Online lotteries work actively with responsible gaming to try to manage this problem. Responsible gambling is a way for gaming and gambling operators to ensure and uphold standards that creates a fair and safe gaming experience while protecting them from the hazards of gambling problems.
This concept focuses on:
- Protecting vulnerable players
- Preventing underage gambling
- Protection against criminal behaviour
- Safekeeping information privacy
- Offering secure and trusted payments
- Upholding ethical and responsible marketing
- Deliver a fair gaming experience
Responsible gaming is just as important as any other service the online lottery and shows that a lottery agents dedication to the well being of their players.
Each of our detailed lottery reviews has a dedicated Responsible Gaming section so you can learn more about what each lotto agent does to ensure a safe gaming experience.
Responsible gaming tools
There are many ways to prevent gambling-related problems. An important step is to be educated in what a gambling problem may be. The best lottery websites will have a dedicated responsible gaming page. Here you can find information on what a gambling problem can be and how to get help.
The most common way for a lottery agent to help is to facilitate contact with Help Organisations. Two of the best ones available are:
- GamblingTherapy.org – Dedicated to providing worldwide help. Available in more than 20 languages including Hindi and Punjabi.
- BeGambleAware.org – A UK help organization that helps player from all over the world in English. Provides information to help people make educated decisions about their gambling. Also has a 24/7 live chat and telephone hotline available.
The most serious lottery websites will also have included tools to further help you manage possible problems. It can be anything from self-exclusion to deposit limits.
- Self-Exclusion – A tool that allows you to block yourself from playing by closing your account. Sometimes it can be hard to stop even though you have decided to end your gambling habits.
- Deposit Limits – A way to control how much you pay each month. You can put limits on how much you can deposit on a monthly basis. Once you have reached your chosen limit you cannot deposit more to the website.
As you can see there is help available.
What you can do
Even though there is help available you are the one that decides if you want it or not. Therefore it is very important that you have the courage to recognize a possible gambling problem.
Problematic gambling behaviour can take many forms so it is important to educate yourself on the subject. If you ever feel slightly out of control, take the time to read up on the subject at any of the help organizations listed above.
You can also learn about prevention behaviour as well with the most common one being a budget. With a budget, you control your gambling before a problem arises. Decide how much you want and can spend without it affecting your daily life.
If you have already realized that you have a gambling problem it is important to have the courage to ask for help. You can talk to professionals at both of the websites listed above 24/7. Another option can be to ask your close ones for help since they are with you in your day to day and can give you more support.
It is also important that you take advantage of the tools available. If you feel like you have lost control – use the self-exclusion. If you are depositing more than you want – use the deposit limit.
Playing online lotteries is a blast but only if you are in control. Enjoy international lotteries responsibly.